Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rally attendance in Great Falls 2021?
Just checking - am I looking for anyone else on the forum while in Great Falls at the MOA rally next week?

Like a lot of you, I'm not into crowds, but the weather is going to be great, and $50 to see both Samantha Fish and Joanne Taylor on the same stage convinced me to make my first national rally in 20 y (when Asleep at the Wheel played Du Quoin Fairgrounds).
"A good man always knows his limitations...."
I am giving this one a pass, but will have to see you at next year's Rally in your home state.

Since you're not into crowds I guess you won't be camping, despite the expected great weather ...?
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
(06-17-2021, 02:15 PM)Ray Wrote: Just checking - am I looking for anyone else on the forum while in Great Falls at the MOA rally next week?

Like a lot of you, I'm not into crowds, but the weather is going to be great, and $50 to see both Samantha Fish and Joanne Taylor on the same stage convinced me to make my first national rally in 20 y (when Asleep at the Wheel played Du Quoin Fairgrounds).

Ray have a nice time at the rally.
Du Quion was my first BMWMOA rally. I went with the owner of South Suburban BMW and a couple of other friends.
(06-18-2021, 06:59 AM)Grumpy Goat Wrote: I am giving this one a pass, but will have to see you at next year's Rally in your home state.

Since you're not into crowds I guess you won't be camping, despite the expected great weather ...?
Trying to see how little money I can spend on this 6000 mile trip. (I'm not counting the Rally ticket I bought last year.)

Camping, I am.
(06-17-2021, 02:15 PM)Ray Wrote: make my first national rally in 20 y (when Asleep at the Wheel played Du Quoin Fairgrounds).

I don't remember seeing you there Smile

Our first National was Escanaba in 1987.
Lee
Iowa, USA
2022 R1250RS White Sport

Past BMWs: 2016 R1200RS x 2, 2011 K1300S x 2, 2003 K1200RS x 2, 1991 K75S x 2, 1987 K75T x 2, 1984 R100RT
(06-18-2021, 12:33 PM)Ray Wrote: Trying to see how little money I can spend on this 6000 mile trip. (I'm not counting the Rally ticket I bought last year.)

Camping, I am.

Man after my own heart. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
I’m riding out early tomorrow morning taking 3 days to ride out across MN, SD and MT. Decided late this afternoon the weather is too nice out west to hang around local area riding. Also will be good to give the Dunlop Mutant tires a good run. I’ll stop by the first aid station Thursday morning for a band-aid and to see if I know anyone there. It will be my 26th attended national rally.
Darrell
2016 R1200RS
2022 R1250RT

(06-20-2021, 04:31 PM)darrell Wrote: I’m riding out early tomorrow morning taking 3 days to ride out across MN, SD and MT. Decided late this afternoon the weather is too nice out west to hang around local area riding. Also will be good to give the Dunlop Mutant tires a good run. I’ll stop by the first aid station Thursday morning for a band-aid and to see if I know anyone there. It will be my 26th attended national rally.
Good to hear. Speculation at Gateway BMW on Saturday was that the weather was going to bring out a lot of folks who were on the fence. I feel sorry for the Canadians. Currently in Ogallala after a 14-h day watching a re run of today's moto GP. If A great day.

I'm running a new set of Dunlop RS fours. I intentionally went South before I headed West to test them out. Unlike the threes, no break in period required.I haven't looked but it feels like they changed the profile to match my style Admittedly kept the pressures high, but in the torture test this afternoon in the heat of the day I wS unable to flatten the rear tire with some high-speed play on the Nebraska interstate.Looks like yet another move forward in tire engineering and rubber..