Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rokker Jeans
I am seriously considering Rokker jeans, the models that I like and my size are unavailable from mail order places or directly from Rokker. So that gives me some time to ask: Anybody familiar with Rokker Jeans? Or has had a pair?

I like jeans in the summertime because they breathe. I have had Draggin Jeans and Klim jeans and they work ok but there is new technology out there. All my current jeans are lined inside with Kevlar material, but the new stuff has made the synthetic material into threads and this thread is woven into a single layer fabric with the cotton. This should be much more comfortable than a pair of cotton jean with the inside lined with Kevlar.

Some of the new Rokker single layer jeans are CE AAA rated which is a better slide protection than leather. All these jeans now come with knee and hip protectors also.

Rokker is not the only one with this new technology (single layer material), but I understand they are the leaders in this.

I went down about 6 years ago, I was wearing my Draggin Jeans, with no knee or hip pads at the time, and the Kevlar at the knee did its job - no loss of integrity of the Kevlar.

What do you guys think?

https://www.eu.therokkercompany.com/prod...raight-aaa
2020 R1250 RS
2022 K1600 GT
2022 Kawasaki H2SXSE
Niwot CO USA
Not familiar with that company.
I know guys with Motorport Kevlar gear and they are happy with it.
Here's a link to the jean style.

https://www.motoport.com/product/stretch-street-jean/

The following mentions of the words “Stretch” and “Mesh” refer to the materials Made with Dupont Kevlar Fiber

Here is a pant that looks identical to Jeans but much better in every way:

Five times stronger than leather!
Tri-Armor that covers knee/shin and full wrap around thighs providing more coverage than any other motorcycle pant. Tri-Armor molds to your individual shape in 40 minutes or less.
Breathes better than Jeans in hot weather yet works better in cold weather. Water resistant, material dries in minutes after the rain stops. On a bike without a windshield it will take 30 minutes or longer in the rain before the water goes through.
Seven year warranty! Motoport sometimes may replace a zipper after 10 years or more of riding. How many pairs of Jeans would you buy in 10 or more years? If we can’t repair after a crash Motoport will replace the Street Jean for free!
Made in the USA in house by Motoport.
Made custom to fit exactly like your best fitting Jeans NO MATTER WHAT SIZE! If you gain or lose weight alterations can be made.
Machine Washable. Will never stretch out or shrink.
The only material other than leather that is approved for road racing! Four way stretch materials Made with Dupont Kevlar Fiber/Dynatec/Lycra blend that makes these pants more comfortable than Jeans. (See “Save Your Hide.”)
Hydrophilic Nylon Mesh lined for comfort and ease in dressing/undressing

COLOR *
BLACK, GREEN, RED, HI-VIZ, DARK BLUE,[/b] NAVY BLUE
Lee
Iowa, USA
2022 R1250RS White Sport

Past BMWs: 2016 R1200RS x 2, 2011 K1300S x 2, 2003 K1200RS x 2, 1991 K75S x 2, 1987 K75T x 2, 1984 R100RT
Thanks Lee, I had not heard of Motorsport, very impressive claims of fall protections and weather protection. However, these are lined with Kevlar like my Dragin Jeans, although Draggin has no weather protection like these. But I'll continue to look at the new technology where the Kevlar like material is woven into the denim to make a single layer garnet.
2020 R1250 RS
2022 K1600 GT
2022 Kawasaki H2SXSE
Niwot CO USA
I wear Motoport gear most of the time, especially in the summer. Other than being overly bulky, they're comfortable and the protection is stellar. I don't have the liners and use a rain jacket over the motoport gear, rain pants only in downpours. I've considered the Klim Latitude for this reason, but haven't found one in my size. If bought new, the Motoport gear is almost infinitely customizable. Used gear pops up occasionally on advrider, etc.

Bottom line, I'd buy Motoport again.

(I've never tried riding jeans, so factor that in)
2022 BMW R1250 GSA
2021 KTM 890 Duke R (Round two)

1985 Honda Nighthawk S
1985 Yamaha RZ350  
(03-20-2022, 09:09 PM)runnerhiker Wrote: Thanks Lee, I had not heard of Motorsport, very impressive claims of fall protections and weather protection. However, these are lined with Kevlar like my Dragin Jeans,

I thought they were a one layer system except for the mess liner or optional rain liner.
Liteitup, is that correct?

Entire outer shell is made of 4-way Stretch for comfort. The four way stretch material allows you to wear the optional Aero-Tex Pant Liner for cold/wet weather or wear thermal underwear underneath. The material will not conduct cold or heat like leather or nylon, so even the black color works great for hot weather. Note: All the current black Stretch is made with a new invention called “Cold Black”. The new black color made with this Cold Black stays 15 Degrees cooler than the previous black color. When touching the material it is actually feels cold. The Cold Black is in the dye of the material and will always work.
Lee
Iowa, USA
2022 R1250RS White Sport

Past BMWs: 2016 R1200RS x 2, 2011 K1300S x 2, 2003 K1200RS x 2, 1991 K75S x 2, 1987 K75T x 2, 1984 R100RT
(03-21-2022, 07:04 AM)Lee Wrote: I thought they were a one layer system except for the mess liner or optional rain liner.
Liteitup, is that correct?

Entire outer shell is made of 4-way Stretch for comfort. The four way stretch material allows you to wear the optional Aero-Tex Pant Liner for cold/wet weather or wear thermal underwear underneath. The material will not conduct cold or heat like leather or nylon, so even the black color works great for hot weather. Note: All the current black Stretch is made with a new invention called “Cold Black”. The new black color made with this Cold Black stays 15 Degrees cooler than the previous black color. When touching the material it is actually feels cold. The Cold Black is in the dye of the material and will always work.

It's been a few years, but I believe that is correct. I use a cold gear Underarmour top and a heated jacket for cooler temps here. With leather pants, works into the 40's. Some sort of wind blocking layer helps. Probably better for others, I'm a wuss for cold weather. (I'm in Texas)
I don't know if that special black stuff works or not, after 95-100 it doesn't really matter. Good sales pitch though. Maybe it does, I can't really tell since I don't have the other version to compare.
With the quad 4 armor it has the best protection I've seen. And I tend to believe the abrasion claims, they're stout. Haven't tested it, so..... No plans to either.

My Motoport gear is:
Marathon air mesh jacket (no chest pockets, handwarmers only), quad armor update, emergency info pocket, left sleeve pocket, 1.5" reflective yellow stripe on sleeves and back.
Ultra II air mesh pant (mesh front, stretch back)quad armor update, sacrum quad armor, hip pads.
2022 BMW R1250 GSA

1985 Honda Nighthawk S
1985 Yamaha RZ350  
(03-21-2022, 07:53 AM)Liteitup Wrote: My Motoport gear is:
Marathon air mesh jacket (no chest pockets, handwarmers only), quad armor update, emergency info pocket, left sleeve pocket, 1.5" reflective yellow stripe on sleeves and back.
Ultra II air mesh pant (mesh front, stretch back)quad armor update, sacrum quad armor, hip pads.

Is this what you wore at Logan OH last year? I should have paid closer attention when you showed it to me. I am still interested in jeans, though.
2020 R1250 RS
2022 K1600 GT
2022 Kawasaki H2SXSE
Niwot CO USA
(03-22-2022, 10:27 PM)runnerhiker Wrote: Is this what you wore at Logan OH last year? I should have paid closer attention when you showed it to me. I am still interested in jeans, though.

Yes
2022 BMW R1250 GSA

1985 Honda Nighthawk S
1985 Yamaha RZ350  
(03-22-2022, 10:27 PM)runnerhiker Wrote: I am still interested in jeans, though.

I think the brand you are looking at has more of a jeans look.
Lee
Iowa, USA
2022 R1250RS White Sport

The easy on/off of the pants with full length zipper was the final deciding point for me, after the protection.
2022 BMW R1250 GSA

1985 Honda Nighthawk S
1985 Yamaha RZ350  
Just in-case others are interested in the Motoport Air Mesh Stretch Jeans, here's a review.

https://ridermagazine.com/2022/03/15/mot...6156545B9W
Lee
Iowa, USA
2022 R1250RS White Sport