Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MC jeans and ratings
Motorcycle jeans explored by UK rider.
I found this interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n22vtWc8QRw&t=1521s
R&D department
I have had some fitment issues with motorcycle jeans, mainly the crotch waist distance being to short if that makes sense. I always had to hike the pants up as
if the pants where falling down. Belts did not work and with suspenders they were just uncomfortable.
The BMW city pants where the worst for me followed by the Insurgent jeans. I am not sure what body style you would have to be to fit those.
The Draggin jeans were not too bad but did not have armor in the knees or hips.
I finally found Trilobite Parado jeans that are comfortable and fit more like a north American jean with a slightly higher waist band and zippered vents in the thighs.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

R&D department
I am very interested in this topic. I have several kevlar jeans with liners, and some w/o liners. And just last week I bought a single layer jean.

DragginJeans - their last iteration had knee and hip armor, the kevlar panels were always the same. I agree with you, they have the best fit. But the kevlar panels against the skin are uncomfortable and hot.

Klim K Fifty X and Revit jeans with kevlar panels, with liners inside, and with knee and hip armor. An improvement over the DragginJeans in comfort against the skin. Not as good as DragginJeans in fit. They are heavy and tend to slide down my waist, a tight belt helped.

My latest, got a pair a week ago. Klim K Forty 3 are single layer jeans, the Kevlar or Aramid fiber is embedded in the cotton fabric. They are AA rated jeans. They have knee and hip armor. This armor is in "liner pockets" sawed to the inside of the fabric. So it has a liner inside at the hip and knee area. I like it better than the Klim K Fifty 2, they feel more comfortable agains the skin, they don't fall down from my waist, they are lighter, they feel more like regular jeans because they only have inside (slippery) liners where the armor is. These are the latest design and I like all the improvements they have incorporated. $280

The video was excellent for learning about the technology. In colder weather, I wear leather jacket and pants, an Aerostich Transit Suit. The single layer jeans are for warm/hot weather.
2020 R1250 RS
2022 K1600 GT
2022 Kawasaki H2SXSE
Niwot CO USA