Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arai Corsair X
My new helmet finally arrived today, I think she’s quite pretty! Of course installing the Cardo was a pain but patience pays off. I’m waiting on the V-Pro shade to arrive, it has the flip up sunvisor, I didn’t feel like dealing carrying around one visor for a day and a second for night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have the equivalent of that shield on my signet x. Very convenient and excellent vision through it.
Happiness comes not from what you have, but from enjoying all that you do have no matter how much or little that may be.
(06-02-2022, 03:26 PM)70garyb Wrote: My new helmet finally arrived today, I think she’s quite pretty! Of course installing the Cardo was a pain but patience pays off. I’m waiting on the V-Pro shade to arrive, it has the flip up sunvisor, I didn’t feel like dealing carrying around one visor for a day and a second for night.

Looks like the one I have.  It's my cool weather helmet because I need the chin guard to reduce noise.  But, I really like the plushness of the interior.
I knocked, but the door was open.......
Central PA: 2016 Lupin RS - Keys and no TPMS
I have worn Arai helmets the past 20 years.  Up until a month ago I had 2 of them and now have a 3rd one.  When got the new RT my dealer offered me the opportunity to purchase a new one with a 35% discount so decided not to pass that.  Also gave me a deep discount on a Sena 50S they installed for me after I agreed to purchase that as well.

I love the fit of the Corsair X. The center vent can cause some increased noise on the RS but on the RT with the adjustable windshield I can pretty much eliminate that.
Darrell
2016 R1200RS
2022 R1250RT

I find the chin vent to be a bit delicate. One or twice my efforts to open or close that vent while riding have resulted in knocking the flap off the pivots.

The top vents definitely have to be closed entirely to avoid generating noise.
The more the ventilation the more the noise, and if you have to live in an oppressive summer climate like I do that is the tradeoff. Yes, the Shoei RF-1200 was billed as a quiet helmet (even with the whistle) but it's all relative. There is no doubt that it flows a lot of air though! Small bugs too. Big Grin
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
I use the V-Pro with my Signet-X...it is a definite compromise but the best option for rides where you know you will be needing both clear and tinted shades. Maybe someday they will come out with a photochromatic shield, but probably not.

Also, I am not sure if this is your first Aria or not, but be sure it fits tight. Arai pads are notorious for breaking in and making the helmet feel loose after a few weeks of wear.
Agreed, I use the V-Pro on my Signet-X as well. It's a great tool when riding the Blue Ridge Parkway with the tunnels. Makes for a quick change from sun to darkness. I've yet to use any photochromic eye wear that can change fast enough for those types of situations. Perhaps someday......
Happiness comes not from what you have, but from enjoying all that you do have no matter how much or little that may be.
(06-03-2022, 09:20 AM)TriangleRider Wrote: I use the V-Pro with my Signet-X...it is a definite compromise but the best option for rides where you know you will be needing both clear and tinted shades.  Maybe someday they will come out with a photochromatic shield, but probably not.

Also, I am not sure if this is your first Aria or not, but be sure it fits tight.  Arai pads are notorious for breaking in and making the helmet feel loose after a few weeks of wear.

If that is a problem, contact Arai USA.  They are very helpful with suggestions/recommendations.

If you are near Pennsylvania, Arai USA is located between Allentown and Reading, PA
What additional parts are required to install the V-Pro shield?
(06-04-2022, 04:13 AM)Motorhead1977 Wrote: Agreed, I use the V-Pro on my Signet-X as well. It's a great tool when riding the Blue Ridge Parkway with the tunnels. Makes for a quick change from sun to darkness. I've yet to use any photochromic eye wear that can change fast enough for those types of situations. Perhaps someday......

On entering the tunnel one can always flip up the visor for a few seconds while the photochromic visor adjusts. With photochromic glasses behind the photochromic visor, my glasses are light enough that flipping up the visor is the solution for me. Any helmet which offers a photochromic visor gets the topmost immediate advantage from me, compared with other helmets. Only downside to these visors is the expense.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
(06-04-2022, 05:53 AM)36654 Wrote: What additional parts are required to install the V-Pro shield?

IIRC nothing extra was required but then the Arai dealer installed it for me when I bought the helmet and I admit I wasn't really paying attention.
(06-04-2022, 05:53 AM)36654 Wrote: What additional parts are required to install the V-Pro shield?

Looks like the Pro Shade comes installed on a new shield and replacements are available.

https://youtu.be/1zyIVvl4-P0
Lee
Iowa, USA
2022 R1250RS White Sport

Past BMWs: 2016 R1200RS x 2, 2011 K1300S x 2, 2003 K1200RS x 2, 1991 K75S x 2, 1987 K75T x 2, 1984 R100RT
Got out today did about 250 miles absolutely love the helmet, I think the shade is decent but I prefer the transitions shield I have on my Shoei. It takes him getting used to because there is a clear edge around the sides and bottom of the shield which is a little distracting but much more comfortable than wearing sunglasses I suppose

None.  It is a straight shield swap.