Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CoolShirt - Air conditioning without the dripping ...?
I came across this product today - popped up in my FB feed coincidentally after chatting with Darrell in Eureka Springs on Sunday (you know your phone is listening to you ...). Anyone have any direct experience?

https://coolshirt.com/product/white-cool...J1PPMyw91g

Then there is this guy who discusses a DIY solution ...

Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
Last year, when experimenting with the bike in the 117 deg F heat of eastern Washington, I found the best solution is to stay hydrated and don't stop moving.... Of course, for Canadians, this might not be enough.
"A good man always knows his limitations...."
Also, found this today in an email from the journal Nature:

“If we go to hell, we’ll take a blanket,” is a common joke in Jacobabad, Pakistan, where people are accustomed to hot weather. But during the current extreme heatwave, with temperatures peaking over 51 ℃, even they are finding life unbearable....

Since we don't usually make that conversion - that's 124 deg F. I mean, just in case you thought you were suffering.
"A good man always knows his limitations...."
(06-15-2022, 11:07 AM)Ray Wrote: Last year, when experimenting with the bike in the 117 deg F heat of eastern Washington, I found the best solution is to stay hydrated and don't stop moving....  Of course, for Canadians, this might not be enough.

Got that right ...  Big Grin  I think I will break out my HyperKewl vest on the way back home. Never use it otherwise ...
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
(06-15-2022, 12:41 PM)Ray Wrote: Also, found this today in an email from the journal Nature:

“If we go to hell, we’ll take a blanket,” is a common joke in Jacobabad, Pakistan, where people are accustomed to hot weather. But during the current extreme heatwave, with temperatures peaking over 51 ℃, even they are finding life unbearable....

Since we don't usually make that conversion - that's 124 deg F. I mean, just in case you thought you were suffering.

Big Grin  We are too soft here in the "West". Off to the heat tomorrow at the Rally.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
We use something like this. Not the exact product but similar. Works very well.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/fly-...gLqv_D_BwE
Happiness comes not from what you have, but from enjoying all that you do have no matter how much or little that may be.
(06-15-2022, 05:54 PM)Motorhead1977 Wrote: We use something like this. Not the exact product but similar. Works very well.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/fly-...gLqv_D_BwE

I have something similar by HyperKewl. Unfortunately, it is not as efficient in a humid heat.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS