Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yamaha Champions School - Online Class
There was a Revzilla Common Thread story about this class the other day.  As someone who has taught an alternate curriculum at the Basic level and been thru intermediate classes, I found it interesting and affordable at $49. 

https://ridelikeachampion.com/courses-page/
I knocked, but the door was open.......
Central PA: 2016 Lupin RS - Keys and no TPMS
I was looking at the BMWMOA member discounts and discovered a 10% discount coupon on the Yamaha courses
I did the in person version of YCRS and the online about a year later. The online version is a great deal. It is everything they cover during the class portion of the school for about $2k less.
I've taken some safety training classes where the range exercise actually detracted from the experience. Considering that you might be waiting in line (of a group of idling 1000cc or larger bikes) until your run at the exercise, gagging on exhaust fumes and excessive exhaust noise headaches are pretty typical. Then there's that pearl of wisdom offered to you at the completion of the exercise.......it's short and likely includes a compliment.....beware, it's possibly a pre-packaged question (x-seconds in length) from a shortlist.

So, if the classroom, describes the intent of the exercise and lists the prepackaged questions/corrections, the student can do their own exercises (in a parking lot or the street) and focus on what the course is calling a priority.
(08-11-2022, 06:52 AM)36654 Wrote: I've taken some safety training classes where the range exercise actually detracted from the experience.  

This is definitely not the case at YCRS.  They make great use of the on-track time.  But, you are right. With the online classes, it is easy to take what you learn and then practice on your own.  None of the skills are track specific or require track speeds to accomplish.
Right - I saw the piece promoting the YCRS course followed the next day by a nice piece by one of my favorite writers (and CEO of YCRS), Nick Ienatsch. I had the impression based on his response to my note, that Revzilla wasn't paying much in the way of cash for his contribution, so I suspect a little quid pro quo, and hopefully a closer relationship between the Common Tread forum and more of the great motojournalists.
"A good man always knows his limitations...."