Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first ride day, no iron butt award
I recently purchased a 2016 R1200RS with ONLY 7,400 miles on it, style 2 (black and grey with gold Brembo calipers) fully loaded and absolutely clean, from a local man that just couldn't ride it comfortably any more. I had convinced myself that I needed this motorcycle, so I jumped at the offer. Last weekend I did a 130 mile ride from the coast out over the pass and back. Nice bike!
Greg
2016 R1200RS
Central Coast
(09-17-2022, 05:30 PM)Foyster Wrote: I recently purchased a 2016 R1200RS with ONLY 7,400 miles on it, style 2 (black and grey with gold Brembo calipers) fully loaded and absolutely clean, from a local man that just couldn't ride it comfortably any more. I had convinced myself that I needed this motorcycle, so I jumped at the offer. Last weekend I did a 130 mile ride from the coast out over the pass and back. Nice bike!

You bet it's a nice bike and it's the same year and colour as mine, only difference is mine has 59k miles on it and it is still a nice bike. Smile

Welcome to the Forum Community. Have you been riding a long time and is this your first BMW?
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
(09-17-2022, 05:56 PM)Grumpy Goat Wrote: You bet it's a nice bike and it's the same year and colour as mine, only difference is mine has 59k miles on it and it is still a nice bike. Smile

Welcome to the Forum Community. Have you been riding a long time and is this your first BMW?

The RS is my third BMW motorcycle. I had a 2002 R1150R Rockster (with round headlight) surprisingly nimble but top heavy because of a huge gas tank up high and servo abs brakes and battery underneath, geared tall in 1st which combined to make it tough in stop and go traffic. Then a 2011 F800ST, which is a nice light and torquey 90hp motorcycle but more a sporty commuter with panniers than a touring bike. The RS is much lighter and better in traffic than the old 1150, and better than the F800 when speeds are over 70 mph, plus all the ride modes.
Greg
2016 R1200RS
Central Coast
(09-17-2022, 05:30 PM)Foyster Wrote: I recently purchased a 2016 R1200RS with ONLY 7,400 miles on it, style 2 (black and grey with gold Brembo calipers) fully loaded and absolutely clean, from a local man that just couldn't ride it comfortably any more. I had convinced myself that I needed this motorcycle, so I jumped at the offer. Last weekend I did a 130 mile ride from the coast out over the pass and back. Nice bike!

I know that feeling.
R&D department
Indeed! After riding a 1250 RS at a BMW demo day my thought was "this is it!". Looked for a new '21 but nothing was available less than over 1500 miles away and at an inflated price. When I found a hardly ridden fully loaded '20 RS (>3000 mi) 150 miles away I bought it and sold my RT a couple of weeks later. Enjoy your RS.
Happiness comes not from what you have, but from enjoying all that you do have no matter how much or little that may be.