Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compatible CANBUS LED Parking Lights
Grumpy Goat - not sure if you have comment moderation on your YouTube page but I tried to post this update twice there with no success...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOVlgf9o...GrumpyGoat

I am using the Auxito H7s for headlights and went on a mission to find compatible parking lights that wouldn't throw codes. I ordered 4 types and these worked on my 2016 Lupin RS:

Auxbeam 194 LED Bulbs White
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DFNQ2X5?psc...ct_details

I've ridden over 200 miles with them so far with no issues, no codes thrown and pure white light. Kind of a b**ch to get them installed but worth it in the end.
(05-14-2023, 09:11 AM)cushman Wrote: Grumpy Goat - not sure if you have comment moderation on your YouTube page but I tried to post this update twice there with no success...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOVlgf9o...GrumpyGoat

Sorry to hear that you were somehow unsuccessful in posting comments to that video, but I don't have any comment moderation enabled and the default setting for Comments is set to "Hold potentially inappropriate comments for review". What is your YouTube username?

That said, this Forum is the best place for targeted RS-specific comments but the YouTube Comments could have a wider reach depending on how the drama-favouring YouTube algorithm decides to push videos, or not.

(05-14-2023, 09:11 AM)cushman Wrote: I am using the Auxito H7s for headlights and went on a mission to find compatible parking lights that wouldn't throw codes. I ordered 4 types and these worked on my 2016 Lupin RS:

Auxbeam 194 LED Bulbs White
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DFNQ2X5?psc...ct_details

I've ridden over 200 miles with them so far with no issues, no codes thrown and pure white light. Kind of a b**ch to get them installed but worth it in the end.

Much appreciate that input! I am going to give these a try and see if my Granite Grey behaves the same way your Lupin does ... they are the same year so that is a good start.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
I am RackhouseMoto on YouTube, tried to post with that account. Weird - I figured I'd try to keep the info in the YT video just because it is one of the first hits when you Google the right terms (R1200RS LED).
(05-14-2023, 05:50 PM)cushman Wrote: I am RackhouseMoto on YouTube, tried to post with that account. Weird - I figured I'd try to keep the info in the YT video just because it is one of the first hits when you Google the right terms (R1200RS LED).

Weird indeed. I went and checked again and there are no posts held for review either. I ordered the bulbs and they should get here tomorrow. If they work I will be making an update video and you will get full credit in it.  Wink
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
Did you have to remove the ring of bling shown in this photo? As it stands the diameter is too big for the hole in the reflector and the bling is not really part of the bulb function.

Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
Dang, I went and bought a set thinking that they would fit after reading Cushman's post
R&D department
(05-21-2023, 11:17 AM)maxredline Wrote: Dang, I went and bought a set thinking that they would fit after reading Cushman's post

It may work. I am trying to install it shortly. The OD of the socket is 0.493” and the Auxbeam bulb is just under that. This means that there would be some fiddling to get it through the almost same size hole. That’s probably what he meant. I have not plugged it in and tried to see if there are any codes before finishing the install. May not even get to fight with pushing it through the hole (if it throws a code …).
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
UPDATE: Massive fail (of this installation) on my bike. Video to come. For now, lets just say that it was not code-free ... but, wait ... there's more ...!!   Angry
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
Ouch GG. That result really sucks. Waiting to find out how you get that bit of flotsam out of your headlamp housing.
Happiness comes not from what you have, but from enjoying all that you do have no matter how much or little that may be.
LED parking light Canbus adaptor found below?
Adaptor page
I was thinking if this indeed works with the CANsmart controller, mount the resistor outside of the headlight (with a little
surgery) along with some rubber grommets to keep things water tight.

[Image: DD4050P-GBFG_1024x1024.jpg?v=1581573292]
R&D department
I guess the black socket-like looking end is the part that goes into the reflector. If so then it has to be the same diameter as the BMW socket. This what they say on that:

the base connectors are universal, and will not be an exact fit in your vehicle. The bulb holder side is a flexible rubber that is designed to fit loosely in a variety of sockets.

Good to hear that the bulb-holder is a flexible rubber so there is a chance that it would work. Then it would just be a matter of the surgery to get it to work. Just bought a pair ... hope I did not waste $21 ($10 shipping)   Undecided
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
Wink 
Holly, you are fast on the trigger  Wink
I'm still on the thinking stage and still am lol.
R&D department
(06-14-2023, 08:49 PM)maxredline Wrote: Holly, you are fast on the trigger  Wink
I'm still on the thinking stage and still am lol.

I tend to make decisions quickly ... no time to waste. Of course, if the price was high it may slow my roll a bit.  Big Grin
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS