Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 RS Aux lights. Which and where?
Long time BMW rider but just got my first RS and love it! I’m a “be seen” freak so what driving/aux lights do you like and where/how are you mounting them?

Thanks!
https://www.clearwaterlights.com/products/b41 fender mounting bracket and a pair of Denali DM's. I had to drill out the mounting hole on the bracket to fit the DM mounting bolt.
why the Denali’s vs the Clearwaters?
Welcome to the forum.
Both my wife and I have Clearwater Darlas with the Machine Art Moto mounts.
When you order Clearwater lights you can get the Machine Art Moto mounts in the kit.
The mounts are around $55 when buying them with the lights.
https://machineartmoto.com/products/mamo...-bars-r-rs

We have the yellow lens in slip on protective covers for daytime visibility.

Lee
Iowa, USA
2022 R1250RS White Sport

Past BMWs: 2016 R1200RS x 2, 2011 K1300S x 2, 2003 K1200RS x 2, 1991 K75S x 2, 1987 K75T x 2, 1984 R100RT
(06-06-2023, 12:12 PM)jhall1957 Wrote: Long time BMW rider but just got my first RS and love it! I’m a “be seen” freak so what driving/aux lights do you like and where/how are you mounting them?

Welcome to the RSWasserboxer Forum Community.

When I was in the market I recall making the decision largely based on cost, as there was (is?) a significant difference. I did like the look of the Clearwater Darlas but ended up with the Denali system after watching demos of both at the 2016 MOA Rally in Hamburg NY. I have a pair of D2s on the RS as well as the SoundBomb air horn and the auxiliary B6 tail light, all connected through the CANSmart Controller (installation video here). The Denali products I find are excellent quality and, while not cheap, are competitive. I have crash bars on my RS so it was an easy fitup using Denali mounting brackets.

I was a repeat customer when I needed to kit out my Tracer 900GT with lights (DR1) and SoundBomb, without the Controller.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
I have Clearwater Darlas on mine. Mounted on the front fender mounts. I'm told they're very visible. Adding a sound bomb horn any day now. I just need the time to do it. I also have the Weiser Technik LED turn signal set up as well. Very bright. They seem brighter than the factory LED turn signals on my buddy's 2023 RS.
Happiness comes not from what you have, but from enjoying all that you do have no matter how much or little that may be.
Denali D3's (road legal) with B6 tail connected to Cansmart bus on crash bars.
R&D department
(06-06-2023, 07:01 PM)Motorhead1977 Wrote: I have Clearwater Darlas on mine. Mounted on the front fender mounts. I'm told they're very visible. Adding a sound bomb horn any day now. I just need the time to do it. I also have the Weiser Technik LED turn signal set up as well. Very bright. They seem brighter than the factory LED turn signals on my buddy's 2023 RS.

HI Motorhead,

Would you recommend the front fork mounts over the marchineart mounting bars?

TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
(I also have Darlas on the fork mounts to keep the light as far forward as possible. Also useful at the campsite as one can easily swing them through a fair arc without moving the bike. Argument against is increase in unsprung mass..., but.)
"A good man always knows his limitations...."
I'm pleased with the fork/fender mounts. The location makes them very visible to oncoming drivers but it all comes down to your personal preference.
Happiness comes not from what you have, but from enjoying all that you do have no matter how much or little that may be.