Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Oval-head screw with anti-rotation lock", size?
Hi all.

I'm installing a GPS Retrofit Preparations kit on a 2016 R1200RS (the previous owner had stripped some parts).

So I have the kit, and now need the bolts that hold it to the bike.

"Oval-head screw with anti-rotation lock" Part Number: 46627692608, part 16 in this diagram: 
https://shopmotorrad.bmwtoronto.ca/p/BMW...55507.html

Before I gently try different spare screws in the mounting posts (part 17 in that diagram) - does someone have the dimensions?  Looks like make a 6mm bolt? 1mm pitch?  Length?

Asking here because the dealer is having difficulty sourcing the specific part - but they're just bolts, so I can find them at my local hardware store once I know what to get.

Thanks!
That screw is the same diameter and pitch as the fairing screws on my 1250. I measured the thread length at about 19 mm. This screw is longer than you think because it needs to reach through the rubber grommets of the mount. That exact part number also has a nylon insert running perpendicular to the threads.

[Image: 282d67b32a9b46c4566372fdd3f95b70.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Thank you, very helpful! I'll measure a fairing screw this evening (diameter, pitch with suitable gauges) and head to Amazon. The nylon insert can be approximated with blue Loctite (242) Smile
(09-19-2023, 02:01 PM)TriangleRider Wrote: That screw is the same diameter and pitch as the fairing screws on my 1250. I measured the thread length at about 19 mm.

That was the first thing that jumped to my mind ... fairing screw size. Thanks for sharing the info.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
M5x.8 - couldn't find my pitch gauge but they look like a standard thread and other sources confirm - as do I, the bolts fit perfectly and now my nav vi is in play Smile