Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection to Earbuds instead of Helmet?
(06-22-2023, 07:10 PM)AKJones206 Wrote: Hi:

I have been using noise-cancelling earbuds while riding for a few years now. I no longer use the bluetooth com system in my helmet because the noise-cancelling earbuds make it so much quieter. I can listen to music or podcasts set at a reasonable volume, and hear them clearly while riding at highway speeds because the noise is tamped down.

I just bought a 2021 R1250 RS and the TFT connects to my phone just fine, but will not connect to my earbuds as if it were a helmet. 

Has anyone gotten the TFT to connect to a set of noise-cancelling earbuds as if they were a helmet?

Let me know how you did it. is is possible to make this work?

Thanks!

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for your help! I finally got it working!

Here's what worked. 

1. I put the Apple AirPods Pro in my ears, and allowed them to connect to my iPhone.
2. With them thus connected, On my iPhone I went to "Settings—> Bluetooth" and deleted the connection to the AirPods. Because the connection between my phone and the AirPods was active at the time I deleted it, the AirPods got the message that they were not to connect to my phone. 
3. Then I turned on the TFT on the bike without starting the engine. 
4. Then I connected my iPhone to the TFT
5. On the TFT I went to "Settings —> Connect —> Rider's Helmet" and got it to search for a bluetooth connection to a helmet.
6. The AirPods Pro were in their charging case. I opened the case, and without taking the AirPods out of the case, I pressed the button on the back of the case. Because there was no connection to the iPhone, and the AirPods had deleted their connection to the iPhone, the little light on the AirPods case blinks White because it is looking for it's first connection. 
7. Then the TFT offered to connect to the AirPods. And it worked. 

The practical upshot of this is that these AirPods will be able to work with the bike, but if I reconnect them to my iPhone, I might be back at square one. In any case, it's an elaborate procedure to engage on every time I hop on the bike. So I am going to get a second set of AirPods and dedicate one pair for riding the motorcycle and the other for all other uses. I commute 30 miles/day on the freeway  so I will get a lot of use out of them. Plus the noise Cancelling feature is important because it makes riding so much quieter, and less damaging to my hearing. 

I hope this information is useful if this question ever comes up again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connection to Earbuds instead of Helmet? - by AKJones206 - 06-23-2023, 06:42 PM