Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another bit of Honda innovative technology ... E-Clutch for motorcycles
(10-11-2023, 07:00 AM)Lee Wrote: She didn't think she would be happy with the HP and Torque of the 750.
The NT1100 and African Twin have a lot less power than her last four bikes but the reviewer say they have decent power.

The thing about perceived power based on numbers on paper is that they often lie. Smile

In my experience, it is the power to weight ratio and the gearing that matters ... that is what gives the perception of power and puts the smile on the face. The NC750X is significantly lighter than the RS (for example) and will be geared differently, so she may have to ride it before writing it off as insufficient. It may well still be lacking as it is not marketed as a sports / sporty bike.

After selling my S1000R and going to the Tracer and then the Tiger, I knew I was down on power / torque in both cases compared with the RS, but with their gearing and with significant weight difference the Tracer seemed just as quick as the RS. The Tiger is geared differently from the Tracer and you have to wind it up more so it is quick enough, but it is not as quick as the RS or the Tracer. It has different advantages over both of them, and is still fast enough.

Bottom line is that a lower hp/torque bike that is lighter and geared to use that power could be equally satisfying, with the added bonus of sucking less gas. Definitely better than not riding at all.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another bit of Honda innovative technology ... E-Clutch for motorcycles - by Grumpy Goat - 10-11-2023, 11:35 AM