Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another bit of Honda innovative technology ... E-Clutch for motorcycles
(10-11-2023, 11:40 AM)Grumpy Goat Wrote:
(10-11-2023, 08:07 AM)36654 Wrote: I'm curious about the Kawasaki Hybrid.  Based on the news releases, it's a paddle shift 6-speed automatic without clutch or gear shift lever, just like many cars and trucks.

So am I. I saw a video about that last evening and could not help wondering at this batch of innovation in the Japanese bikes, all designed to make bikes more approachable, as a bulwark against a shrinking motorcycling market as the enthusiasts die off and the newer generation would rather play with their phones and other drama.

[url=https://www.motorcycle.com/bikes/new-model-preview/2024-kawasaki-ninja-7-hybrid-first-look-44595262][/url]

In my opinion, it's not an effort to expand the market but to achieve more performance.  I think many of us are conditioned by the early-generation Toyota Prius to expect a lackadaisical low-speed throttle response from a hybrid vehicle.  As the Ford Enforcer, several Lexus offerings, the BMW mild-hybrid variants, the new Prius and the upcoming I-Force offerings show, a hybrid configuration can be a path to higher performance.  But, it won't be a manual.
I knocked, but the door was open.......
Central PA: 2016 Lupin RS - Keys and no TPMS

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another bit of Honda innovative technology ... E-Clutch for motorcycles - by 36654 - 10-12-2023, 08:44 AM