Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Denali Powerhub 2 Installation Questions
When it comes to add-on electronics, Denali Electronics is a favourite of mine, and has been so for years and through several bikes.

While I note you are looking for assistance in the installation of the Denali PowerHub 2, I note you also enquired about other similar units, hence this input.

I recently (last weekend) installed the Healtech Thunderbox TB-U02 module on my Tiger and it is working perfectly as described - video will drop in November. It allows up to 8 accessories to be connected in 2 circuits for a total of 2 x 16A. I presently have only my Nav VI hardwired and it works perfectly. It allows 2 modes of connection - Automatic (delayed start and stop; default) or on with the ignition (requires trigger wire to be tapped into some existing circuit, supplied). All circuits are switchable, as opposed to the PowerHub2 where you can mix and match.

Installation in automatic mode is simply the connection to the battery and then sticking (literally) the [smaller] unit somewhere convenient - done. If you want the connected accessories to come on right away with the ignition, you need to tap into a switchable circuit, similar to the PowerHub2. The downside I see is that with this mode all available current may not be available to start the bike, and if you don't have an accessory that is immediately needed then why bother splicing into a wire.

Hope this is of use.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Denali Powerhub 2 Installation Questions - by Grumpy Goat - 10-18-2023, 08:32 AM