Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I welcomed the new Second Bike to the garage
(11-09-2023, 12:42 PM)lcon2 Wrote: I will never go "off' road. My wife joins me ever 15th ride. My bikes are toys. I average maybe 6k miles a year. I enjoy curvy back roads. I like a bike that handles well and easily.

I have recently decided that I will never have a bike without cruise control. 

Anything with a greater lean than my z900rs cafe is too much. 
I do not like and will not tolerate a bike that gives off too much engine heat - my RT has spoiled me for a bike that runs cool.

Regarding the Tracer's screen - ultimately I agree with you, it being a bad design. However, if one is to be totally honest, how often do you look at anything other that speed once under way?

Other than going to good camping sites and possibly nice lookouts I can't say I'd be going offroad much either, but who knows .... maybe I'd get hooked once I try it seriously. Just got some ADV boots delivered so I have to put them to use! If you are never going to go offroad and will not tolerate a bike that gives off engine heat then you can immediately rule out the Tiger 900 family. They have dual radiators that exhaust onto your thighs above the knee, and if riding slowly like in the city, in a hot climate like Houston, you will notice it. Moving faster it is not an issue and in the cooler months it may actually be a godsend.

I long ago decided that CC was a must have, end of. Don't even look at a bike once I look for and determine no CC, and throttle locks are not a substitute for me; been there done that (with an excellent one, I might add) but I have moved on. Regarding the heat ... the CP3 engine puts out heat at the ankles but it is much easier to beat than the Tiger's radiator exhaust. That said I have ridden hotter bikes than the Tiger.

As for the dash ... I have already settled for the lying speedometer of my RS and so have come to develop a blind spot in that direction, especially given that I have a Nav VI that I look at most of the time anyway. That "face" staring back at me on the 2020+ Tracer 9GT is too much to take, even when stopped.

I think that in summary you would be well served by an RS or a Tracer 9GT, or better yet the GT+. Now I see that there is a new offering from Suzuki that could complicate your decision further.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: I welcomed the new Second Bike to the garage - by Grumpy Goat - 11-09-2023, 05:19 PM