Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farkles on the RS
None come under the heading of essential, but all have the place and purpose

- Wunderlich crash bars as I think they are protective and still look very good, without looking like scaffolding around some government institution. Have to remove the stainless steel 'engine fairings' so I replaced them with the small plastic version which work with engine guards.

- Wunderlich tubular handlebar conversion, just a bit more comfortable and to my mind improves handling
the overall feel of the bike

- Tractive rear shock, a legacy item from the R1250R that I kept for only a year, from Jeff at Beemershop

- Wunderlich "breast plate" to protect the front of the engine, along with a small front fender extension. Hate getting mud everywhere.

- Someone's radiator guard which was a gift

- Hornig mirror base extensions & convex split mirror overlays, so I can see more than my shoulders

- radar detector and laser jammers - speed limits are so overrated Wink

- MotoMate GPS relocator

- battery tender pigtail at the back of the bike

- Clearwater Darla lights for conspicuity (one of the reasons for crash guards as opposed to the plastic head protectors)

- Wunderlich tank bag (sounds to be the same as yours, the very small one mounted on pins on the tank)

- Seth Laam custom seat

- panniers but no top box

- Remus muffler (wouldn't get that again, but was effectively a freebie with the bike, probably should sell it)

- better horn to replace the feeble mouse fart

- hidden garage door opener, and additional power outlets, USB and BMW plug style

- Australian-market BMW rear mudguard to replace the stupid skinny standard item

- MoMa hugger (similar reasons to above but mostly to protect the exposed shock (another stupid design sacrifice in favor of fashion imo)

- dash cams front and rear. Proved their worth when I was rear ended on the RT.

- Clearwater 'Billy" brake light

- side stand foot enlarger (Louisiana tarmac can be problematic when it gets REALLY hot)

- smaller WRS windshield (wonderfully quiet)

Messages In This Thread
Farkles on the RS - by Oldrider51 - 01-06-2024, 04:37 PM
RE: Farkles on the RS - by JtL - 02-02-2024, 08:15 PM
RE: Farkles on the RS - by Motorhead1977 - 02-02-2024, 09:34 PM
RE: Hello from San Diego, California! - by Lee - 01-06-2024, 05:53 PM
RE: Hello from San Diego, California! - by Lee - 01-06-2024, 06:03 PM
RE: Hello from San Diego, California! - by Lee - 01-07-2024, 08:56 AM
RE: Hello from San Diego, California! - by Lee - 01-08-2024, 08:55 AM
RE: Hello from San Diego, California! - by Ray - 01-09-2024, 07:29 PM