Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunlop Refines the Roadsmart IV Series
Ray's information is from the marketing comparing the Roadsmart III and IV tires as well as against the Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT.

Below are my questions to Dunlop and the response as related to comparing their now confirmed to be Euro only version of the SP and GT variations of the Roadsmart IV tires.

1) when will these 2 different versions of the RS IV be available for US riders to install? Dunlop Response - They will not be available here. These are Euro versions and are different than the Japanese versions. We may bring in the 19” and 150 rear though for ADV fitments

2) is there a bike weight point that determines which of the 2 versions one should install on their bike model? For example my 2016 R1200RS weighs 525 lbs plus me and my gear when traveling. Dunlop Response - All the heavyweight sport touring bikes would run their GT spec, so basically bikes weighing above 550 lbs or people wanting to get higher mileage.

3) is there a specific marking on the 2 versions that identifies them? Dunlop Response - Their versions will say SP and GT

4) if I install a set of each on my RS BMW would you expect I would see different mileage performance for each version? Dunlop Response - SP would get less mileage. GT version is a more robust construction, so it will get better mileage.
Darrell
2016 R1200RS
2022 R1250RT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dunlop Refines the Roadsmart IV Series - by darrell - 11-18-2021, 10:20 AM
RE: Dunlop Refines the Roadsmart IV Series - by VTBob - 11-21-2021, 06:17 AM