Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post-Delivery Prep?
(11-28-2021, 08:34 AM)Lee Wrote:
(11-27-2021, 07:22 PM)ESquared Wrote: As further proof that I'm getting antsy (and have too much time to contemplate such things), I'm wondering what, if anything, I might need to do to my RS once it's delivered in the middle of winter. I've never bought/taken delivery at this time of year.
For example:
Will just a good ol' Battery Tender Jr do the trick, or is it more involved than that? (and, BTW, what's that "port" you can plug things into under the right side of the seat?)
Do they mess with any type of anti-corrosive spritzing of the key parts and systems at the factory, or should I just wait until riding season is nigh and do a good ACF-50 treatment?
Numerous cleanings, polishings and waxings of the shiny parts are a given, so just wondering what else would be good to show her some love (other than resisting the urge to brave some less than ideal road conditions).
Thanks in advance, as always!
Most of our bikes have been purchased in the winter months. Debbie told me to cut that out Big Grin The last ones we purchased the last week of October and that worked better Smile
Best I could, we tried get the bikes when the roads were dry. You still may have to deal with some salt dust. If you can, put a heater in the garage and hose of the bike in the garage. If that's not possible the salt dust might not be a problem if it stays dry during storage. One time when we had some wet roads I rinsed the bikes off at a car wash near our house and almost dropped both bikes on the ice outside the car wash.
That accessory outlet under the seat is no longer a good option for charging unless you buy a smart charger that works with the canbus system.
As mentioned above most of us connect a pigtail direct to the battery.
I use the heavy gauge pigtail used for heated gear. Engles has them on hand.
I had several at home so I took them with us and connected them while at the shop so we could use our heated jackets on the ride home.
How far are you from the shop?

I'm only a 25-30 minute ride from the shop, and it's 100% guesswork right now in terms of when the bike arrives, what the weather will be like then, and (of lesser concern) what my shoulder will be ready for, as I'm not quite 3 weeks past rotator cuff surgery.
Worst case scenario would be that Engle could deliver it to my house, which they'd do, so thanks for all the Tender Tips.
Believe me,if I can ride it home, I will, but will just have to play it by ear.
No matter how it gets here, I just want to do my best to clean it up and keep it clean. as it (we) will likely be subjected to a much earlier season than usual.
KC Area

Messages In This Thread
Post-Delivery Prep? - by ESquared - 11-27-2021, 07:22 PM
RE: Post-Delivery Prep? - by runnerhiker - 11-28-2021, 12:17 AM
RE: Post-Delivery Prep? - by Grumpy Goat - 11-28-2021, 07:28 AM
RE: Post-Delivery Prep? - by Lee - 11-28-2021, 08:17 AM
RE: Post-Delivery Prep? - by runnerhiker - 11-28-2021, 11:52 PM
RE: Post-Delivery Prep? - by Lee - 11-28-2021, 08:34 AM
RE: Post-Delivery Prep? - by ESquared - 11-28-2021, 09:02 PM
RE: Post-Delivery Prep? - by Ray - 11-28-2021, 09:20 PM
RE: Post-Delivery Prep? - by Lee - 11-29-2021, 09:10 AM
RE: Post-Delivery Prep? - by ESquared - 11-29-2021, 12:37 PM