Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conventional Handlebar Conversion
Interesting that you mention the Helibar risers for the RS not working for the conventional bars. I found after a couple of rides that my 65 yr old body wanted a bit higher and further back riding position. So I got a set of Helibar risers for the "R" model. Interestingly they appear to be identical to the ones for the "RS" but have the bore to fit conventional bars.

If you are thinking about adding Helibar risers to the standard bars AND think that one day you might play with conventional bars you might look at the "R" model Helibar risers. That way you don't end up with 2 sets (like me Tongue). I think you should be able to retain the nav mount using the original hardware. As far as the bars themselves there are a lot of choices out there, Rizoma, Protaper, Etc. Check their websites they usually have all the different bends dimensions. You may be able to find one that gives enough rise without the Helibar risers. I found that I needed extra clutch line length, Helibar instructs you to reroute the line, but I don't like this approach so I ordered a Hornig adaptor (still waiting on this).
Chris

Messages In This Thread
Conventional Handlebar Conversion - by Chris216 - 01-16-2022, 11:41 AM
RE: Conventional Handlebar Conversion - by Lee - 01-16-2022, 12:21 PM
RE: Conventional Handlebar Conversion - by Lee - 01-16-2022, 04:22 PM
RE: Conventional Handlebar Conversion - by Lee - 01-17-2022, 08:06 AM
RE: Conventional Handlebar Conversion - by Chris216 - 03-16-2022, 05:30 AM
RE: Conventional Handlebar Conversion - by Podman - 05-21-2022, 06:44 AM