Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPS Cradle - Guess I'll Just Move it and Figure it Out Later
I promised myself I wasn't even going to touch the Connected Cradle until after my run-in service, so this became the weekend to dive into that accessory.

Once I figured out how to remove the Navi-Prep cover, popping the cradle in place was super simple, and securing the phone in place was easy as well.

I had "pinned" a decent route for today's outing in Google maps, and it was fairly easy to get to that pinned route even after I had the phone clicked into the cradle.  Just hit "Start" and got turn-by-turn directions (on-screen only, no audio- that's next week's project), re-routes if I decided to deviate from what was prescribed and the cradle kept the phone charged (wirelessly) at 100% the whole time.

Unfortunately, I can't take a picture of the phone in the cradle because the camera's in the phone, but I did snap a pic from a bit of a distance so you can get the idea of perspective of where the cradle sits relative to the TFT screen, windshield, etc.  This is the Wunderlich Marathon screen in the "UP"position, just for reference.  No issues seeing all the necessary info on the TFT, and the NAVI screen is at a great height for quick checks of "miles until next turn" type of info.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

KC Area

Messages In This Thread
RE: R1250RS Newbie - by ESquared - 05-22-2022, 12:58 PM
RE: R1250RS Newbie - by pej7445 - 10-12-2023, 06:14 AM
RE: R1250RS Newbie - by ESquared - 10-12-2023, 06:34 AM
RE: R1250RS Newbie - by pej7445 - 10-12-2023, 06:47 AM
RE: R1250RS Newbie - by Grumpy Goat - 10-12-2023, 11:16 AM