Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alarm system missing?
Hello again folks.  Purchased this RS in feb at Cycleworks Barrington.  The sticker says it is loaded: $15595 base
1. Comfort Package
    Keyless Ride
    Design option silencer
    Chrome Exhaust Pipe
    Heated Grips
    TPM
2. Touring Package
    GPS prep
    Cruise
    Center Stand
    Saddle Bag Mounts
3. Dynamic Package
    -engine brake control
    -ESA
    Gear Shift Pro
    Ride Modes Pro
    PREMIUM PACKAGE (above stuff) $2900
    Heated Seat extra $245 
                                                     $19,535

They did discount it $2500 as a 2023 model. It was a light white.  I am actually starting to really like the color.

I cant find alarm system settings on the TFT where they're suppose to be (and me in the alarm business).  The wireless key fob does nothing when I press any of the buttons.  It appears to only be functioning to wake up the bike and allow me to start it that's all.  Was it an option on the 2023RS?  Thanks guys.  (also I have never had so much difficulty posting a photo in my entire life)    
Nice looking bike. If it is not listed, then it is a dealer installed option, just the same as the GPS. You get the GPS prep, but not the GPS. The alarm system was an option on my friend's bike.
Who makes the side and top case?

Bill
The alarm is mounted under the pillion seat. Just lift the seat and you'll see if it's fitted as it takes up half of the storage space.
DWA Alarm must be Dealer installed? I could not configure a RS (in the USA) with that option.
(05-23-2024, 09:37 AM)Toruk Wrote: DWA Alarm must be Dealer installed? I could not configure a RS (in the USA) with that option.

Thank you Toruk.  I forgot about that category.
(05-23-2024, 07:53 AM)92232 Wrote: Who makes the side and top case?
Bill

So those are the Hepco & Becker Xceed series, relatively new to their lineup. (2) x 38l, plus a 45l top box (single helmet capacity).  Incredible deal and fast free 3 day international shipping from Chromeburner NL.  Required the Lockit side rack, and Easy-rack rear mount, which both took over a month to get.  I still prefer the look of the BMW cases, had them on my 98RT, but prefer the top loading features, and had a similar set of H&B’s on my airhead GS and loved them.  The larger Explorer 60l top case is a near match and could be swapped out if you need to store two helmets.
I fixed the overquoting in this thread.   Wink
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
(05-22-2024, 10:22 PM)keweenawbee Wrote: .... (also I have never had so much difficulty posting a photo in my entire life)

Please see this post regarding posting photos ... it should be helpful. In a nutshell the photo should be about 900 pixels wide and less than 500kB. That is plenty for online content at the finest level of detail.  Smile
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
(05-23-2024, 04:03 PM)Grumpy Goat Wrote:
(05-22-2024, 10:22 PM)keweenawbee Wrote: .... (also I have never had so much difficulty posting a photo in my entire life)

Please see this post regarding posting photos ... it should be helpful. In a nutshell the photo should be about 900 pixels wide and less than 500kB. That is plenty for online content at the finest level of detail.  Smile

(...or, some of us use Tapatalk to more easily post from our phones. Photos are automatically re-sized.)
"A good man always knows his limitations...."
Example.[Image: c383fbb8937dd3d9bc6383814271bc16.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
"A good man always knows his limitations...."
It works. Nice photo.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
Thanks for the app tip! Yes beautiful bike. Those grey accents on the cases sort of tie in with the blue make it one sleek package.
I have a 2023 RS I ordered in April of 2023 . BMW mislead it had the alarm . It does not come equipped with it . When the bike came in in July 2023 found out at home . After some phone calls and explanations I had to order it from my dealer . One it came in I installed it myself , but scheduled a saturday morning visit to dealer to have it turned on in the bikes CAN buss system . 1 hr labor $120 usd .

BMW has many issues on its bikes models and options , but they state in the disclaimer they have right to change or alter at any time options .

The Alarm is nice having a fob that works and the alarm sounds / lights flash