Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handlebar mod options
I have been spoiled with MC seating ergos with my past bike and feel the RS can be better for me. 
I have Helibars risers installed which are better for me but now am looking at handlebar options.
I have seen other posts on this topic but for some reason I can't find them now.
Please add any info you may have or experiences with handlebars, thank you.

I have found;
Important multi controller removal information

.pdf   BMW multi controller.pdf (Size: 724.27 KB / Downloads: 12)

From Chris216 that requires fabrication
1 1/8 taper bar

Wunderlich

"R" bars

LSL top clamps
LSL C02 bar

Horning risers

Helibar R1200R riser

Ilium Works adaptor

Horning clutch adaptor

Helibar adaptor

Wunderlich Ergo Riser

Vogit (many others on eBay that include bar caps)

R bars with added riser pic

R&D department
From initial research the Wunderlich conversion is less expensive than buying the all R parts including fasteners and end weights online at A&S by $184.31 usd not including shipping.

Wunderlich parts will not be available until Oct 22 according to their US site.

Chris's 1-1/8 tapered bars are looking better all the time for a tubular handlebar. The Ilium riser looks to be a very interesting and cost effective solution.
R&D department
Wunderlich handlebar conversion is now again available. The handlebars give an extra 1.5 inch rise and 0.25 inch rearward compared to the Helibars.

I have not ordered as I am struggling with the cost over reward.
R&D department
(08-13-2022, 02:39 PM)maxredline Wrote: Wunderlich handlebar conversion is now again available. The handlebars give an extra 1.5 inch rise and 0.25 inch rearward compared to the Helibars.

Is that compared to Helibar up and back risers? 
I have Voigt up and back risers, whilst finding it much better, I think the angle of the bars is not quite right and could do with bars being straighter.
(08-14-2022, 02:43 AM)Becksy Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 02:39 PM)maxredline Wrote: Wunderlich handlebar conversion is now again available. The handlebars give an extra 1.5 inch rise and 0.25 inch rearward compared to the Helibars.

Is that compared to Helibar up and back risers? 

Yes, correct
R&D department
Does the Wunderlich conversion require different brake, clutch and wiring to accommodate the farther back location?
Happiness comes not from what you have, but from enjoying all that you do have no matter how much or little that may be.
Their site says no but you have to disconnect and re-route the clutch line.
R&D department