Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helmet rider/driver helmet bumps
I had a little chuckle from a rider who mentioned, as we all know as helmet bumps, or what ever it is called in your area.
Here they are known affectionately  as turtle f"s.
R&D department
? Guess I'm not up to date on things. Haven't the foggiest notion what you're talking about.
Happiness comes not from what you have, but from enjoying all that you do have no matter how much or little that may be.
The love taps that result when the pilot ain't that smooth...............
I knocked, but the door was open.......
Central PA: 2016 Lupin RS - Keys and no TPMS
Ahhhh, I see it now. I almost always have a passenger and never experience that so I suppose I must be a "smooth operator" LoL
Happiness comes not from what you have, but from enjoying all that you do have no matter how much or little that may be.
(08-25-2022, 04:56 AM)Motorhead1977 Wrote: Ahhhh, I see it now. I almost always have a passenger and never experience that so I suppose I must be a "smooth operator" LoL

Somewhere in the Great Beyond, Burt Reynolds is proud of youSmile
I knocked, but the door was open.......
Central PA: 2016 Lupin RS - Keys and no TPMS
(08-25-2022, 04:56 AM)Motorhead1977 Wrote: Ahhhh, I see it now. I almost always have a passenger and never experience that so I suppose I must be a "smooth operator" LoL

I rarely have it but it also depends on the motorcycle and how much space there is between the rider and pillion. For instance, on the RS where I am leaned forward slightly more than the Tracer (the latter of which has slightly more seat-to-seat distance) we hardly ever bump heads. Easier to do so on the Tracer.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
GSAP can help to keep the shelled reptiles from fornicating.
I ride '19 R1250GSA, '23 KTM Duke 890 R, '23 Yamaha Xmax 300
My wife rides '20 R1250GS, '22 KTM Duke 890 GP, '19 Yamaha Xmax 300
Formerly proud Granite Gray '16 R1200RS x2 owners
On local roads there is an occasional helmet bump when braking, I try to be mindful I have a passenger and need to brake different from when I’m riding solo.
Or how about when your passenger falls asleep putting pressure on your head and neck. That is where the reverse turtle "f" comes into play 8)
R&D department