Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Change Parking Light Bulb
I now have both parking light bulbs out on the bike. There is an indicator on the dash and GPS indicates only 1 is out. I'm assuming both parking bulbs are lite when the bike is running. I picked up the 2 bulbs needed to replace the burnt out ones. I do not know exactly how to remove the receptacle holder for the bulbs. Has anyone done this or know a specific procedure how to change the bulbs?
Darrell
2016 R1200RS
2022 R1250RT

(08-09-2018, 06:17 AM)darrell Wrote: I now have both parking light bulbs out on the bike. There is an indicator on the dash and GPS indicates only 1 is out. I'm assuming both parking bulbs are lite when the bike is running. I picked up the 2 bulbs needed to replace the burnt out ones. I do not know exactly how to remove the receptacle holder for the bulbs. Has anyone done this or know a specific procedure how to change the bulbs?

Interesting feedback from the GPS. I believe that both are on when the bike is running.

I will check my Haynes Manual when I get home to see if it tells how to replace the parking light bulb. It would be good to know.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
Here you go, Darrell.

.pdf   Changing the Sidelight Bulbs.pdf (Size: 2.26 MB / Downloads: 28)
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
Thanks Wayne, a big help. I was able to do both sides changing the parking bulbs without removing any parts other than the round cover for the lights. Once I knew the process it was pretty easy. The parking bulb on the high beam side burned out at about 50,000 miles and the low beam side burned out at 60,000 miles.
Darrell
2016 R1200RS
2022 R1250RT

(08-09-2018, 07:05 PM)darrell Wrote: Thanks Wayne, a big help. I was able to do both sides changing the parking bulbs without removing any parts other than the round cover for the lights. Once I knew the process it was pretty easy. The parking bulb on the high beam side burned out at about 50,000 miles and the low beam side burned out at 60,000 miles.

Great, Darrell. Glad you figured it out. That is great mileage out of those bulbs.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS