Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Drive Shaft seized on the final drive splines
#50
Agreed on the repair cost vs residual value of the bike, but Darrell keeps his bikes for a long time and I am sure that so long as he did not have to foot the bill, then it was OK. What he paid toward the repair was less than the value of the bike so it was worth it fpr him.

And that would be the way it is for me. I intend to keep my RS for a long time and it looks like every so often I would have to replace a driveshaft. I just want advance notice. I am prepared to replace wear items and as soon as I suffer an unexpected catastrophic failure not due to mishap, then I would be making some swift decisions.
Regards,
Grumpy Goat
2016 BMW R1200RS
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Drive Shaft seized on the final drive splines - by Olgry1 - 12-27-2019, 06:51 AM
RE: Drive Shaft seized on the final drive splines - by Olgry1 - 12-27-2019, 01:00 PM
RE: Drive Shaft seized on the final drive splines - by Olgry1 - 12-29-2019, 05:50 PM
RE: Drive Shaft seized on the final drive splines - by Grumpy Goat - 01-12-2020, 11:35 AM
RE: Drive Shaft seized on the final drive splines - by Olgry1 - 01-15-2021, 06:16 PM
RE: Drive Shaft seized on the final drive splines - by Olgry1 - 01-16-2021, 03:59 PM
RE: Drive Shaft seized on the final drive splines - by Olgry1 - 02-27-2021, 05:03 PM
RE: Drive Shaft seized on the final drive splines - by Olgry1 - 03-04-2021, 08:09 AM
RE: Drive Shaft seized on the final drive splines - by Olgry1 - 03-24-2021, 07:04 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)